Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Proxy Mobile Post (73/96) Chapter 12 part three

Riding the subway, there's little to do but think and be pensive.

How many Slendermen will be waiting for me when I get off?
What trials from which underworlds in whose songs?

Steadily, I reach for my face. The woman across from me on the train glances at me.

What is the meaning of Masky's intrusions upon my web log?
The Feared One mentioned his name to me.

I grab my face. People are starting to stare.

The Feared One... he told me he was the Slenderman.
Have I been working for the Slenderman all this time?

My hands clench and I bypass the part of my brain that wants the pain to stop. I feel someone grab my shoulder.

But what about the Obamas?

Crunch. I break my face.
The people around me scream as I remove my hands-- my cheeks have gaping holes through which my teeth grit, my nose isn't where it should be, blood has blinded my eyes.

I say, to no one, "My transformation is complete."

And then I get off the train.

No comments:

Post a Comment

yooooooooooooo, like and subscribe, leave a comment below. NO HATE OR SPAM