Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Proxy Mobile Post 76/96 Chapter 12 part six (the escape)

The Runner Hospital

VII.

8:00 in the morning, Masky was due for transfer out of the hospital, out of the city, out of the country. I had no time for a conversation here. All I could do was bust him out.

I found him comatose on a gurney, surrounded by a doctor and several suited men. I punched the doctor, grabbed the gurney, and shoved it through the crowd, chased by mad footsteps and radio chatter.

Someone even fired their gun. A bullet pierced my leg, right behind the knee, but by then I had already gathered enough momentum that I could shift my weight onto the gurney and ride out in style.

Until we came to the stairs, anyway. That part didn't go as planned.

But that didn't matter. Nothing mattered. There was a crowd of people coming for my.. my... friend. And I needed him. I needed. Him. But I couldn't even lift my legs now, laying below a crashed stretcher with broken face at the bottom of a staircase.

So I reached deep inside, found the strength the Feared One must have sensed in me long ago, and...

..got arrested.

VIII.

In the back of a police van, handcuffed next to a Masky who had may as well have been dead, I realized no one would listen to my struggles and roars. I was in over my head. The cops didn't care that I was on a mission from my god.

All they cared about was getting our car past Grove Street without "hoodlums" shooting the van.

Grove Street... the next stop on my journey!

Did I have a chance?

No comments:

Post a Comment

yooooooooooooo, like and subscribe, leave a comment below. NO HATE OR SPAM